Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Don't worry about J. R. keeping up...We talk

R. and I went over to M.'s house last night and she seems to have everything under control for the weekend. On Saturday a.m. she is needing help decorating and getting things out to the lake. I'm sure we'll have enough help to do that. The Iowa family is going to visit their house on Saturday around midday so the breakfast on Sunday is off. Kevin really wanted to get on the road to the west and the breakfast/brunch was originally set up so they could visit the house and see where they live. I'll be having breakfast at my house, or going out for anyone who wants to be present. Just give me a count of heads on Saturday.

I have been VERY busy here at school but things will settle down after Labor Day. I am planning a couple of outings this fall...just bought tickets to see Spamalot at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis and I think I will be going to the Breeder's Cup at Louisville, KY. At least that is the plan for now. I went to my first horse race in June and boy! was it a lot of fun! At least one of us knew what was going on.

R. is getting so much mail from colleges, it clogs the mailbox. Her stack is bigger than mine, now! We are attending another get-together in St. Louis which is set up by MIT. She was invited this time, probably because she attended last year. We are still going to visit Northwestern and Washington U. this fall.

The waterbed sprung a leak so I am in the process of knocking it down and building a new bedframe. It has become too big of a hassle to have a water mattress so I decided to get something else for a change. I'm waiting for the income tax check to come back and then I will buy a new mattress. In the meantime, I am sleeping on one of the twin mattresses on the floor in the front room. Tonight, I'm going to get the bed situation straightened around in anticipation of anyone who wants to stay at Prairie Sky over the weekend. There will plenty of room.

I'm excited about seeing everyone. Can't wait!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I'm planning on going to Dad's for Thursday night, but if it's all right with you, I'll probably just stay at your house for most of the weekend--I just need the Blazer from Dad. :)

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home